Sunday, March 19, 2006

Promise and Prayer

Many of you may remember last year when I wrote about a woman named Promise. She is a young woman who came to the medical screening to get help for her 6-month old boy. We were unable to help her baby but I visited her several times last year to pray with her and try to comfort her during this time. You can read more here and here.

When I returned to Liberia in January I had a lot of catching up to do and wasn't able to find the time to visit right away. A couple of weeks ago I returned to Promise's house to see how she was doing, I wasn't even sure if her baby, B.K., was still alive. Sadly, when I arrived to her house I was told she had moved and no one knew where. I wasn't sure what to do but to offer up a prayer that I would somehow find her.

I have begun a new literacy class this past week in an area called 'Patience Shop' and once again have so enjoyed these women and their eagerness to learn. Last Tuesday I was teaching from the 'classroom' which is someone's garage. As I teach, many people walk by and stop to check out what is going on. I noticed one lady that stopped kept staring at me and then I recognized that it was Promise! Here I am in a different area of Monrovia and God brings her right into my path. I have to honestly say that when I prayed that prayer of finding her I didn't really believe it would be so easy. I didn't have to find her, God found her and brought her to me!


I was only able to talk to Promise briefly but found out that B.K. is still alive and someone had paid for her and her son to go to South Africa to get the surgery he needed. He still appears to have some problems and I will try to meet with her next week to find out the full story.

Thank you to all who prayed for B.K., please continue to pray for him and his family. I will update more soon.

2 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Blogger Andrea Withers said...

What a neat story! I'm wondering - Do you find that you experience more of God in Africa than you do in North America (if you remember living in North America at all)?

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni,
I am so proud of you and all you are doing.
I love you!
Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home