Monday, June 13, 2005

Promise Update

A couple of months ago I wrote about Promise and her son BK. I have gone back to visit them and they appear to be doing well. When I go I'm never sure what to expect, what condition BK will be in if he's still alive. It was good to see them both and BK seems to be getting stronger. The swelling in his head has gone down some. When I asked Promise about it she said that she takes him to the church every week to have people pray for him. She is encouraged that the swelling has gone down. I am encouraged too but am worried because he is not responsive like I see other 8-month old babies; it seems that there is some neurological damage. After talking to some medical professionals, they say that the swelling can go down but he still may not have long to live.

Promise and BK

This is where faith and what some may say 'reality' clash. I am encouraged that she is going to the church for prayer. I have seen miraculous healing take place and know it can happen, but is that's what is going on here? Do I want to get Promise's hopes up when the the medical professionals say there is a good chance her baby will die?

Mark 9:23-24 "....Everything is possible for him who believes." .... "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

4 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger M. Akamau said...

I'm SO glad you posted this update! Oh, how I pray for BK, and I want him to be healed. I understand what you mean by faith and reality 'colliding'. It seems I'm regularly praying "I do believe...Lord, help my unbelief!" I will continue to pray for them. God is sovereign...He will do what is best. Thanks for this...praying for you, as well, dear heart.

Peace,
Michele

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Mani Pulimood said...

Through the eyes of faith you see divine healing and through the eyes of a wise physician you see the babies medical condition; it is in the intertwining of the two, you find faith, hope and love in Jeus Christ our Lord.

 
At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not spiritually everywhere that I should be. But, I would like to say that perhaps we should speak his healed condition into existence. Let's believe before we actually see it. Faith. Speak to that mountain! God bless you all.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

Michele, Marel, and Mani,
Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. Since I have now left Liberia and won't be able to visit again until January, I will continue to pray. Marel, you're right, I do speak his healing into existence. Praise God!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home