Monday, July 18, 2005

Contentment

I've just recently returned from an incredible 4 days at Morgan Bay near the Transkei in South Africa. I am so grateful for this time away and am in awe of the beauty of God's creation.
Morgan Bay, South Africa

Ever since I've left Liberia in June, I feel like I haven't been at peace and it reflects somewhat in my posts. I've noticed that I tend to complain about things that I wouldn't so easily complain about while in Liberia. While the ship was in Liberia, I was grateful for the abundance I have. While in South Africa I tend to want because so many others have. The apostle Paul said he was content in all situations.

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Phil. 4:12

Lord, may I continue to learn the secret of being content in need and in plenty.

4 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Contentment... Yes Lord. Me too.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Molly & the boys said...

ahhh, contentment, an illusive, but wonderful place. I find I stay there longer when I am totally centered on Christ.
I did not pick up on a great deal of negativity in your blog, and we all know your heart is in the right place.
I am off to bed after I go change some late night wet diapers!
lots of love to you,
molly

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger IMO said...

What beautiful experiences that you've had! God Bless you for using your single life for the Lord! I think that it would be difficult to be single in this world, but God gives blessing through it as well. You have much more freedom to go where He needs that and it is evident in your service. Hey thanks for popping by and visiting my blog!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Apostle John said...

What a great experience you are having. You have shared one of my favorite verses from Paul. I love that passage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home