Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Day 12

Heading into the 12th day of the sail we've had to make an unscheduled stop in Cape Town to take on fuel. I'm happy to just be sitting still. The last few days of the sail have been rough, specifically Monday night. I began to question God's calling on my life. :) "Have you really called me to a ship?" I began to ask Him as I lay flat on my back. Sea sickness is a horrible feeling, especially when you know there's no end in sight. Oh, the cost of being a missionary!

But then I'm reminded of all the benefits of being a missionary on a ship. Besides this wonderful community I live in with over 35 different nations working on board, I get to see scenes like below and travel to places that otherwise I would never have an opportunity to go. More importantly, knowing I'm in God's will for this time in my life and sharing His love with people outweighs any of the struggles.
Sunrise over Cape Town

Cape Town & Table Mountain

As I enjoy the scenery of Table Mountain with friends and the beauty of the sunrise, I am thankful for God's creation. We should be underway in a few hours and arrive in East London Friday morning.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenni
While seasickness is a challenge - your pictures are BEAUTIFUL and the parts of the world you are seeing is amazing. Keep touching lives fo Christ!!! You're doing great

Kim Brownen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home