Sunday, June 05, 2005

A Room with a View

Through my porthole in my cabin I have seen some breathtaking scenes. From sunsets and sunrises (well not so many sunrises, I'm not a morning person) on the open sea to the beautiful mountains of the Faroe Islands to dolphins playing alongside the ship.


Oops!
For the last few months this has been my view. It seems this ship has been docked in the port of Monrovia for over 3 years. It's a cargo ship and while unloading, the weight distribution was not done correctly. All the cargo shifted to one side and fell into the harbor. You can see the effect it had on the ship!

3 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Mani Pulimood said...

Can this be a parable for the need for a balance between faith and actions??

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

Mani-
I like it! I guess it could be a good illustration for any kind of balance.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger M. Akamau said...

Wow...what a sight! Yes, there could be some spiritual significance to such a sight, I'm sure. But dolphins and sunsets sound so much nicer!

Peace,
Michele

 

Post a Comment

<< Home