Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Update

The ship arrived in Liberia last Friday. There is much anticipation as we return to this land ravaged by war but populated with beautiful people. It's hard not to be on board as the ship returns, but I know God has me here at this time.

  • I've posted on the elections in Liberia and the process was peaceful. There will now be a run-off between the top two vote getters later this month.

  • I've been in Van Texas the last couple of weeks visiting friends and Mercy Ship's International Operations Center. I'm back in Tampa now and just completed a 200+ mile bike ride across the state of Florida. I went with about 70 other riders mostly from my church from one coast to the other over a 3 day period. This is an event I've done several times in the past, but it's been almost 9 years and I haven't been able to do a lot of riding in W. Africa. I was surprised at how well I did considering I wasn't able to do much training, but I'm not sure if I would have been able to prepare for sitting on a bike for almost 20 hours!

2 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenni! It is good to keep up to date with you through your blog. I am glad to hear you are in Tampa. Would love to get together while you are here!

Tiffini G.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger elizabeth said...

I am impressed that you did C2C4C after 9 years! I'm almost positive I would not make it on some of the "hills" Florida has to offer :)

sounds like you're having a good visit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home