Monday, September 26, 2005

Tours and Bloggers

I'm still in Cape Town where we have just finished our Public Relations phase with tours and receptions and our now moving into loading all the cargo necessary for our time in Liberia.

Waiting to tour the Anastasis

This past weekend has been the busiest time for tours in the 25+ years of the Anastasis. On Saturday there were approximately 3,500 people coming to see our home and hear what God has been doing. The numbers aren't in for Sunday yet but in all estimations in beat Saturday's. It is humbling to see people wait for over 2 hours in line to tour our ship.

On another note, I'm relatively new to the blogsphere, beginning in January, but have come to appreciate many of you. Some of the blogs I read, I know the people. While others I don't know personally but feel like I do. I am drawn to the blogs about Africa and the issues pertaining to the poor and the needy.

This past Thursday
Steve and Amy from the blog two and two makes five came to the ship to tour and say hello. It was fun meeting them and chatting about our ministries and Africa. They have recently moved to Cape Town to work with ServLife. Steve and Amy, thanks for stopping by and may God bless you as you move into this next phase of your lives.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger barefeetbilly said...

Blogs sure do make the world a seemingly smaller place!

Exciting to hear the great interest in the Mercy Ship Ministry!
What fun to get to meet some blog friends in person! Sunday Andrew was dedicated. Before the service I saw your brother at the entrance to the pre-school building. Your sister had passed minutes earlier with her red heads on the way to the service. I told your brother I had seen his sister and he said which one. I had to laugh. He was not sure. He said that last time you came home a week earlier than he expected.

God bless Jenni

 

Post a Comment

<< Home