Friday, April 15, 2005

Perspective

It's 11:30 on a Friday night and as I lay in my bed in my cabin on the ship, I see lightning outside. I can hear the rain pounding on my porthole. There's something comforting about being under the covers safe and dry and hearing the rain outside, I always sleep well to the sound of rainfall.

Then I remember where I am and my thoughts quickly turn to the people that live just a few hundred yards from the port, my home in Liberia. The people that live in shacks with roofs that leak or will fall from the weight of the water. The people that live by the river and the water comes rushing into their homes and they lose the little they have.

Lord, comfort those who are affected in a negative way from this pouring rain. May they feel safe from the lightning, may they know your protection and presence. And may they sleep well tonight.

1 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Jenni:

From a warm bed on a balmy Southern California night - Thank You.....

May God never let us loose our perspective.

Grace and Peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home