Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Sunday

In one month I leave Mercy Ships after 7 years of service to the poor and needy in West Africa. It has been a big part of my life, something that I'm unable to describe with words. Only those who have been here can begin to understand.

That's one of the reasons why this Sunday is important to me. It's this Sunday that Jim, my fiance, is coming to visit me here in Liberia. It's been almost 3 months since we've seen each other. I'm looking forward to spending time with him, showing him this important part of my life and making new memories.


Please pray for both of us during this time. Jim will be here until the 20th of April.

3 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Molly & the boys said...

Jenni,
I am so glad that in TWO days Jim will be with you and get to be a part (if only for a while) of the things you do there. I am only sorry that I have not gotten to come! I know we have been busy having 4 kids since you left (how did THAT happen??!!), but I had always wanted to see your ship and get a glimpse of what your life is like over there. I hope you and Jim have a FABULOUS time.

I got to see Karen today at Julie Smith's bridal luncheon. She said she and Kerri were going to get fitted for their dresses next week. How exciting! We need to get our calendars together and plan a shower for you! We would love to host an engagement party as well if you would like one when you get back.

Talk to you soon.
love,
MOlly

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Andrea Withers said...

Aww...I'm so glad he'll be able to experience a piece of your life in Africa. He sounds like a keeper. :)

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Simon said...

Hi Jenni,

I just stumbled across your blog through a link from a friend of mine (Keith Smith - Voice in the desert). I may be wrong about this but are you the Jenni who was my DTS Outreach leader to Port Elizabeth '99-00? I'm pretty sure, but it has been a long time and lots has happened! Great to see that you are still with Mercy Ships. I've spent 6 years (nearly finished) training to be a doctor. Hopefully at the end of it I'll have learnt something and can go back to Africa too. It would be great to hear from you. Simon Braybrook

 

Post a Comment

<< Home